Sunday, November 5, 2017

I probably did not write to market

Hmmm. I probably did not write to market with this one!

 I was looking through Fantasy Romance on Amazon and saw nothing like my planned fantasy series, Realms of Glister. Nothing reminiscent of Middle Earth or Narnia, my 'world' inspirations. Maybe my inspirations are too old-fashioned. My cover doesn't have the princess in peril look, either. And it is purple and orchid.


My heroine Morwenna isn't a princess. She is a smallhold farmer and mother of an infant, the widow of a soldier who was a King's Guardsman.

She opens her cottage to hide a dying Orc, one of the Queen's Orc guards. The Orcs were poisoned by an assassin, and only Sherrow, who is a half-Orc, transformed from human to Orc by a bite and ritual, survives. For this service, the Queen awards her a fine estate in the north. but they have to travel there, near midwinter, with an infant, a sick Orc and an assassin on the loose.

Orc in Winter will release at Thanksgiving, eek. It is a novella. 

I have several more stories started, some stand-alone novellas, other's are part of a sibling series.

1 comment:

EXCERPT 2 ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz

  ✨New Release!✨ The Trouble with Trifflz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CRK8V6T4 https://books2read.com/trifflz  EXCERPT 2 Mercenary women l...